Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The Web... Offers precious opportunities.

Ebay, Amazon, Myspace, Twitter, Facebook, Youtube...

Do these websites ring a bell?
Today any internet user knows that he has the possibility to buy online, to watch videos online, to create social links online, to promote his own work online... The internet offers a great range of services.


I wish to enlighten one of these opportunities through the experience that I have had last year when I was desperately looking for an internship.
When you are a (proud) student of the CELSA, you must spend at least three months in a company. Many offers are published on the "intranet" of the school's website, however my research was quite precise: my main intention was to discover the "backstage" of a children's TV channel. Therefore I chose another solution.

One of our teachers had taught us about the many ways of finding a job on the web.
One of these websites, Viadeo, called my attention. Since I already had a keen interest for social networks, I registered. This platform allowed me to contact individually (by requesting a contact) any person who worked in companies such as Disney Channel, Cartoon Network, Canal J... I sent several messages to these companies' employees, and received answers. Among them was the message of the person who would later become my employer! Thanks to this social network specialized in professionnal networking, I obtained an internship in the company Lagardère Active, in the kid's TV branch.

I believe that the web offers its users chances in very diverse domains.
And, as we witness the evolution of all these services, which become day after day more complete and helpful, we understand that we have ahead of us an infinity of new possibilities.


The painting Possibility (2008) is from artist Odili Donald Odita.

No comments:

Post a Comment